In this week's lecture we have learned a lot of different types of proofing involving big-O and big Omega. In Monday's lecture we have learned how to proof big-O statements with direct proof and proving it false by negating the qualifiers and implications in the statement.
Tutorial quiz for this week is easier that the ones I did last week in my opinion, or at least that is what I think maybe because of I have studied and prepared for the quiz more than I did so last week. In this week's tutorial we basally practiced what have we learned in class, with different function and values. Before the quiz I had did the tutorial problem set and solved the big-O proofs in many ways, one is by picking 'c' to be a number, like what Professor Danny did in class, and the second way is pick make the function one power larger and pick 'B' to be a number so 'n' can become what you wanted it to be. (sorry for not been clear, it is pretty hard to explain in words)
All the things we did in Monday's class and tutorial is basically the same concept as in last week's lecture, but starting in Wednesday's class we have started to learn a new type of big-O and Omega proof which is connecting big-O and Omega with implications. This I felt was pretty challenging because it is new and pretty abstract, and does not choose a specific value for 'c' and 'B', but instead it uses the assumptions of the antecedents as resource and pick 'c' and 'B' based on the existing 'c's and 'B's for the antecedent.
Over viewing this week's lecture, what we learned in this week's lecture is basically many different examples consisting of combinations with different functions (polynomial, exponential) and implications with conjunctions and big-O and Omega. In general I felt this week's lecture is pretty challenging, but not that difficult since I have already got general concepts of proving functions.
No comments:
Post a Comment